About Shoulder to Shoulder International
S2S International is a non-profit organization which is committed to create opportunities and empower vulnerable children and youth in Mombasa. The organization aims to establish a broad network to create sustainability for the projects and to enhance development of Dickson Children Centre (Orphanage), Onesimus Boys Centre (rehabilitation project for street boys) and Warembo Girls Project (Rehabilitation project for street mothers with children).
Mission of Shoulder 2 Shoulder international
The mission of Shoulder to Shoulder is to collaborate on local and international levels to promote the welfare of vulnerable children and young people in Kenya. We provide a safe, Christian environment with counseling, education and training and work to restore family relationships, so that each child can develop into an independent, responsible and God-loving citizen.
The vision of S2S International is to work 'shoulder to shoulder' on local and international level to promote, enhance and to empower disadvantaged groups, especially children, with an opportunity to lead a successful and purposeful life.
- To identify disadvantaged children especially children affected by HIV/AIDS, orphans, destitute, abandoned and neglected children in Mombasa and its environment.
- To advocate for and promote the rights of children and other disadvantaged groups, as provided under the law.
- To provide a safe home and the necessary care in a loving environment, in which Christian standards are adhered, till they are able to function independently in the society.
- To facilitate a required rehabilitation program for emotional social and spiritual wellbeing of the target group.
- To establish schools and to develop educational programs for children to enhance future opportunities and income generating employment.
- To enter into any arrangement with governments or authorities that may seem conductive to the organizations objects or any of them and to obtain from such government or authority any rights privileges and concessions which the organizations may thins desirable to obtain.
- Fund raising activities for the purpose of procuring contributions to the funds of the organization in the form of donations, annual subscriptions or otherwise.
- To apply to any governments or authority, public bodies, corporations, companies or persons for and to accept grants or gifts of money and of any movable or immovable properties, donation, gifts, subscriptions and other assistance with view of promoting the objects of the organization and in taking of any gift or property to take the same subject to any special trust which maybe subscribed by the donor thereof.
- To promote regional networking of any organization or company or other body having similar objectives to those of the organization to built a learning platform for sustainable development.